My second complete project with DIALux evo Indoor and outdoor Project
In this project I started to understand evo better, and I started to know what could cause the software to crash more than before which is very important for complex project with many surfaces and 3ds file
In the following project I used some 3ds files
- BMW X5
- Palm Tree
- Sphere to simulate ERCO Object “The square stele with sphere”
All other objects and materials have been completely made by DIALux evo, no other software has been used for modeling or final rendering.
Here are some tips for complex projects
- Try to minimize the control grope which are generated automatically by DIALux evo, you can reduces the number of control groups by going to calculation area and changing the control group.
- Try to minimize the light scene as well.
- Use low mesh 3ds files less than 1 MB and you can first imported to DIALux 4.10 to change the size and converted to M3d then imported to DIALux evo.
- Save the DIALux evo file different times with deferent names e.g. 01, 02, 03…etc, to avoid losing the file and its data, DIALux evo will create a BAK file but this is a safer way to do it.
- Finally my advice to you , start with small project to understand the software before you start with a complex onet , remember that DIALux evo is completely deferent form DIALux 4.x.
some screenshots of the software after calculation rendering
and here is the renderings
My first project in DIALux evo 1
till the date of whiting this post DIALux evo 1 is still as beta version for some designers and I was lucky to be a beta tester for DIALux evo 1
Here is my experience,
My first impression was not very good about the new software as I didn’t know how to use it the way I used DIALux 4, and I was frustrated because it used to crash all the times and that was because I had my set up for the graphic system in cad as openGL but when I changed it to Direct3D, most of my problems have gone, but still some bugs which I think hopefully will be gone in the future too.
Now I really find it great!! and start enjoying working in the new DIALux evo 1 a lot.
In my first project which is simple architecture for a small residence I made one complete story with 7 different spaces.
The result of the first room could be seen in the following images where I imported 3ds files (flower, planter,iPad, TV…etc) with texture and I made a cove light in the ceiling for ambient light and I used accent lighting as well.
The calculation is extremely fast compared to DIALux 4.10 with same complexity as it reduces the time from hours to only minutes!
Also the rendering is super fast compared to POV-Ray with fantastic result!
Hope you will like my first project
you can find more information about DIALux evo 1 in the following offical DIALux facebook page